Woodlawn Arts Academy is committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff. The Academy continues to monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, along with the guidelines and safety information released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
COVID-19 is a new disease caused by a novel (or new) coronavirus. The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading from person to person. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Stopping transmission through everyday practices is the best way to stay healthy:
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough into the inside of the elbow. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash hands often, especially before eating and after contact with public surfaces. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with other people.
- Call your healthcare provider immediately if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as a cough or difficulty breathing.
More information about COVID-19 is available on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html. For updates or to contact our staff via email, please visit our Contact page.
Finally, please know we will continue to monitor COVID-19 updates for the health and well-being of our guests, students and staff. Thank you for your support in helping to keep our community healthy.