Dance Picture Days are this weekend, April 16th and 17th!
Most costumes went home the week of April 5th. Those students needing tap bows will be given those AT pictures so we can be sure everyone gets them. Students in Miss Monica’s Jazz 2.2 class and Miss Amy’s Ballet/Tap 1.2 class will not be receiving their costumes yet; unfortunately the costume company is behind with those particular costumes, so we will schedule a picture time during class once the costumes have arrived.
As with everything else this year, our dance photography process will be a little different. Please note the following information about picture days, see the schedule below, and let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience as we navigate new regulations, once again!
- We can only admit 1 adult per dancer to attend on picture day. Everyone must wear masks and will be temperature-checked when entering the building.
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointed time slot, you will be asked to wait in your car. This is because we have to limit how many are in the building at any given time.
- We will not wait for more than 5 minutes after a timeslot for missing dancers; once again, this is because we need to move dancers and family members in and out quickly to keep under our building’s safety limit.
- Dancers should arrive dressed and ready, carrying their dance shoes so that they don’t get dirty or scratched outside.
- Each dancer and adult will be directed to a dance room. Here you will wait for your class to arrive and do any finishing touches to costumes, makeup and shoes.
- Once the class is gathered and a photographer is ready, the dancers and adults will be lead to a hallway, bringing all their items with them at that time. ONLY DANCERS will be allowed to enter the performance center for the actual pictures so that we can regulate the amount of people and germs. Adults will wait in the hallway for dancers to finish. Adults can also use this time to look at/order flowers and gifts for the dance recital; a station will be set up in the lobby.
- Once the dancers return from their pictures, everyone will need to exit the building. Those dancers that have another picture within the hour can return to their appointed dance room to get changed. Please do not stay if you have more than an hour before your next picture, because we do not have space for additional people.
- The office will not be open during pictures this year; please take care of any office business on another day.