The Woodlawn Preschool Academy Lead Teacher works under the Program Coordinator and directly supervises preschool students and supplementary staff in the classroom. This person creates and implements lesson plans for students 3-5 years of age. Classes are held mornings from 8:30-11:15am and possibly afternoons from noon to 2:45pm. Because Woodlawn Preschool Academy is an arts-based program, applicants should have knowledge and appreciation of the arts. This is a part-time position that may range from twenty (20) to thirty five (35) hours per week depending on enrollment, and the selected teacher will start immediately.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or elementary education preferred.
- Associate’s degree plus successful early childhood experience required.
- Must meet requirements for DCFS licensing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements lesson plans based on Creative Curriculum and the Common Core Standards.
- Works daily with supplementary staff to implement arts-based lessons.
- Maintains records and student information in an organized fashion.
- Maintains classroom cleanliness and organization.
- Assists with basic care needs for all students.
- Attends and leads all after-school performances and activities.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with students, parents and other staff.
- Supervises and instructs assistant teachers and supplementary art staff.