The Woodlawn Preschool Academy Assistant Teacher works under the Lead Teacher and supervises preschool students in the classroom. This person assists with the implementation of lesson plans. Because the Woodlawn Preschool Academy is an arts-based program, applicants should have knowledge and appreciation of the arts. This is a part-time position that may range from 9-15 hours per week depending on enrollment. Currently this is a school-year position, with class from late August to early May.
Minimum requirements: Associate’s degree plus successful early childhood experience preferred. High school diploma required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aids lead teacher to implement lesson plans based on Creative Curriculum and the Early Childhood Learning Standards.
- Assists with maintaining records and student information in an organized fashion.
- Complies with DCFS classroom standards.
- Maintains classroom cleanliness and organization.
- Assists with basic care needs for all students.
- Attends all afterschool performances and activities.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with students, parents and other staff.
- Attends all meetings and trainings for Woodlawn Arts Academy.
- Attends trainings to comply with DCFS.
Send resume and letter of interest to Becky Rich, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com; or mail to Woodlawn Arts Academy, 3807 Woodlawn Road, Sterling, IL 61081.