Woodlawn Arts Academy is committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff. As we ease back into programming, the Academy continues to monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, along with following the guidelines and safety information released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health. In keeping with these guidelines, our current policies are as follows:
All in-person programming is subject to state & local mandates for COVID-19 safety. Woodlawn will follow recommendations for schools & recreation facilities.
- Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be invited to continue into the building. Face coverings are strongly encouraged.
If someone has a medical condition that keeps them from being able to use a face covering, or is required to quarantine, they can inquire in the office about virtual programming.
- Please do not arrive at Woodlawn more than five minutes early for a program.
- People entering the building are asked to wear face coverings in the lobby and hallways. Per Phase 4 guidelines for dance, under customer behaviors, customers should wear face coverings over their nose and mouth whenever not exercising.
- Anyone entering the building will have their temperature taken at the main front door. Teachers will meet their classes at the front door to facilitate that. Anyone arriving late will need to stop in the office to get their temperature checked.
- Parents/guardians are asked to wait outdoors or in their cars if they want to stay during class; the lobby will have limited and appropriately-spaced seating for those needing to come in.
- Students should come already dressed in appropriate attire, to limit their time in the public bathrooms.
- Once students are in a location (classroom or otherwise), face coverings will not be required for any outdoor activities or exercise-based indoor activities. Wearing face coverings will be asked of participants during any other circumstances.
- Participants will be reminded to wash hands and use hand sanitizer after any bathroom visits.
- Participants should bring their own water bottles as the public drinking fountains will be closed.
If it is mandatory, due to COVID-19, for our building to shut down during a session, programs will continue at their regularly scheduled times in a virtual classroom setting. In that instance, please watch your email for instructions. Make-up classes and refunds will not be provided for programs that continue virtually.
View our COVID-19 Procedures, in the event of a diagnosis or close contact, here.